Halloween is over but the seasonal fun seems to continue to push forward with more parties, game nights, and family fun. A lucky few of us may have time to decompress from the Spook-tacular week with a nice bath soak but the large majority of us may have to settle for a quick hot shower to refresh and rejuvenate. Whip-up a batch of shower soothers tonight to make your next few shower experiences feel more like a special spa-like aromatherapy session. The steam and warm aromatic vapors will fill your nose, warm your body, and help you reset.
2 cups Baking Soda
1/2 cup Citric Acid
1.5 tbsp Water
Nature’s Oil Certified Organic Essential Oil or Premium Fragrance Oil
*For this recipe, we recommend Eucalyptus Mint Fragrance Oil or Certified Organic Peppermint Essential Oil.
1. Mix the baking soda and citric acid together in a bowl. You can also use a kitchen mixer to help as you add the liquids.
2. In a separate small bowl, combine the water and 10-15 drops of oil.
3. While continually stirring / mixing the dry ingredients, add the liquid mix a few drops at a time.
4. Scoop the mix into your silicone mold, packing and pressing in firmly.
5. Let mix set for a few hours before you remove from the mold. Once removed from the mold allow another few hours to completely dry.
6. Store in an airtight glass jar or container.
To use the shower soothers, place one soother on the floor of the shower and allow the warm water to dissolve it slowly, releasing the aroma.
What are you doing to depress / detox after all the Halloween fun? Share with us on Instagram and Facebook!